We offer ski group courses for children from three years. The experience has shown that children under the age of 3 are too young to feel well in a group. For these children it is however possible to book a private instructor.
You can also take the first steps on skis with your child in the Kinderpark by alone. For children from 3-4 years we offer 1.5 hour Snowli group courses in the morning.
For children from 4 years we offer a 3-hour group course in the morning.
The minimum age for snowboard lessons is 8 years. Private lessons for younger children are possible on request.
We do not recommend it. On the first day the parents should inform the instructor about possible allergies or health restrictions. After this conversation the parents should leave the child with the instructor and watch from the distance. Experience shows that the lessons work better if the parents are not nearby. It is also important to prepare the child for ski school and explain, what will be learned.
Yes, meeting time for everyone is at 9.45 am. Children and adults meet at the same collection point. Pick-up of the children occurs at the same place and children are always supervised until the parents pick them up!
Despite the age, for the grouping of children the performance level is the most important factor. Should your children or your child's friends of your child be at the same level, please inform the respective instructor on the first day during the grouping process!
If the children are not at the same skill level, the child who skis better would have to join a lower skill group to meet the requirements of the weaker child!
Many of our guests are repeat guests. Children receive a certificate or a Ski School booklet. First grouping in the office occurs based on the awards received. For those who are at the Swiss Ski School Saas-Fee for the first time, grouping occurs after oral discussions and estimation of skills, age and language. Pre-selection occurs on Monday. If the assigned group doesn't seem to be appropriate, you can of course change the group any time.
The SaastalCard is a guest card, which you receive from your apartment host or the hotel reception. Holders of the SaastalCard enjoy numerous reductions in different businesses in the entire Saas Valley like cable cars, indoor pool, parking garage, and more. Important: you have to present the SaastalCard in order to receive these reductions!
The Ski School does not have a ski rental shop. There are several sports shops in Saas-Fee. We have a good cooperation with all of them, but there are no special reductions for ski course guests. Ask your host for possible reductions on ski rental fees. Here you'll find the addresses of the ski rental shops.
With your help it will be easier for your child to get used to the Ski School.
- Prepare your child for Ski School, so it can start the lessons with joy.
- Bring your child to the meeting point on time and be punctual when picking your child up.
- Warm clothes, dry gloves and ski boots, good sun glasses or googles and sun cream are very important.
- Wearing a helmet is compulsory for children and teens.
- On the first day, give your child the ticket with your mobile number.
- Please report possible allergies or health restrictions to the instructor.
- Trust the ski instructor, and your child will enjoy the games to get acquainted to material and the snow.
- Leave your child alone with the ski instructor during the course time. You are welcome to watch from the distance.
- It is the responsibility of course participants to avail of accident and liability insurance.
Information, reservation and ticket sales in the Ski School Office on the village square.
Please read our T&Cs and notes about rates and courses.